My list can also be found on Libib.
Note: I will no longer be updating this post, since my challenge blog has moved. New post is here.
♫ - Audiobook
♦ - Library book, either audio or ebook
Dates: Jan 1, 2014 to Jan 1, 2019
These books are subject to change. About half of them are library books. I have a list of 12 books I plan on reading in 2014. I'm hoping for 2 a month, but I'd like to see how this goes first.
- Brandwashed: Tricks Companies Use to Manipulate Our Minds and Persuade Us to Buy by Martin Lindstrom - Read 1/2 - 4★
- The Dumbest Generation: How the Digital Age Stupefies Young Americans and Jeopardizes Our Future (Or, Don't Trust Anyone Under 30) by Mark Bauerlein ♫♦ - Read 2/6 - 4★
- 1492: The Year Our World Began by Felipe Fernandez-Armesto - Read 3/26 - 3½★
- The Illustrious Dead: The Terrifying Story of How Typhus Killed Napoleon's Greatest Army by Stephan Talty ♫♦ - Read 3/27 - 4★
- 7 Events That Made America America: And Proved That the Founding Fathers Were Right All Along by Larry Schweikart ♫♦ - 4/3 - 3½★
- Cicero: The Life and Times of Rome's Greatest Politician by Anthony Everitt ♦ - 4/23 - 4★
- The Demon Under The Microscope: From Battlefield Hospitals to Nazi Labs, One Doctor's Heroic Search for the World's First Miracle Drug by Thomas Hager ♫♦ - 5/26 - 4★
- 1493: Uncovering the New World Columbus Created by Charles C. Mann ♫♦ - 6/10 - 4★
- The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness by Michelle Alexander ♦ - 8/8 - 4★
- Second Nature: A Gardener's Education by Michael Pollan ♫♦ - 8/21 - 4½★
- God Is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything by Christopher Hitchens ♫♦ - 9/3 - 4★
- The Lost Gospel of Judas Iscariot: A New Look at Betrayer and Betrayed by Bart D. Ehrman♫♦ - 9/9 - 4★
- How to Build a Dinosaur: Extinction Doesn't Have to Be Forever by Jack Horner & James Gorman♦♫ - 4★
The First Human: The Race to Discover Our Earliest Ancestors by Ann Gibbons♦♫
The Town That Food Saved: How One Community Found Vitality in Local Food by Ben Hewitt♦♫